The new year is upon us and whilst this year may feel different from new years of the past, it opens up a whole lot of new possibilities.
If you want to clear some space in your mind to allow yourself to bring some new changes this year, reading this blog is a must for you to read!
We are spending more time than ever in our homes so this can be a great time to do some inner work to create space in your mind. By doing this you can move forward into the new year with a clear mind and renewed energy. Give yourself and your home a reboot to start 2021 off with a positive mindset.
When our brain is in a state of chaos we cannot concentrate. This is a known fact by neuroscientists. There are physically changes happening in our brain that create cortisol and prevent us from being able to find solutions. When we are relaxed or in a daydream like state that we call trance we are open to new possibilities and can allow them to be implanted into our subconscious.
When we start the decluttering process of our minds and homes to get rid of the items we no longer need the results can be life changing.
So what can we do to clear out the chaos of our minds in our homes?
Here are some practical tips to declutter your mind and home ready for 2021:
- Get moving! Go for a walk and enjoy the crisp spring air. To keep you motivated, find a walking buddy or borrow a dog to get you outdoors and exposed to vitamin D and daylight. Aim for 30 mins a day of exercise and this will really help.
- Switch or detox from technology – this allows the classic magic “lightbulb” moments to happen. If our lives all filled with too much business watching TV or being absorbed in social media and comparing ourselves to others then it hinders our creativity and our ability to formulate solutions.
- Be grateful… think about 3 things that you are grateful for each day. It could be that you have running water, a warm home, or that the sun is shining outside.
- Set yourself a simple realistic goal of what you would like to achieve in the next couple of days. It must be realistic otherwise your inner gremlins will criticise you and beat you up if you have not achieved it
- Drink plenty of water. Set a reminder on your phone or there are apps to help you create this new habit.
- Sleep is essential for vitality, brain function, and reducing anxiety levels. You can download a free sleep guide by signing up for my newsletter at www.judithwardhypnotherapy.co.uk
- Spring clean your closets – give away all the clothes you longer need or fit you. A friend or family member may be delighted to get a new wardrobe. The act of giving produces feel-good hormones in our bodies.
- Read the Marie Kondo books “Spark Joy” or “The life-changing Management of tidying up” to inspire you. I am also loving the Home Edit show on Netflix. You can apply the same principles to mental clutter. It’s about discarding what doesn’t make you happy and organising the rest.
- Clear out your cupboards of out of date foods. Sort the cupboards so you can find what you have inside them easily and in the herbs/spices, cupboards write a list and stick it on the inside of your door.
- Remember you don’t have to achieve everything in one go. Start small. Set yourself a timer on your phone for ten minutes and work on one area.
We can clear away those negative thought patterns and limiting self-beliefs by replacing them with positive thoughts. Changing our internal messages from “I can’t or I’m too busy it’s too hard” to “I can and I will”.
By setting ourselves simple tasks and breaking it down into bite size chunks it won’t seem overwhelming.
Our brain can’t tell the difference between what is real and what is false so we can change that internal message into something positive.
The same principles apply to work and having more structure ultimately gives us more time that isn’t wasted searching for items we need!
The change is down to you and you can clear away the cobwebs of things that you don’t want to keep and move onto a newer and happier version of you.
Judith Ward is an award winning clinical hypnotherapist and uses a modern approach known as Solution Focused hypnotherapy. The great thing about this approach is that you don’t have to bring up painful memories from the past. Judith lives in Bangor in Northern Ireland and is currently working online via zoom to help clients achieve a happier version of themselves. Judith helps She works with clients to help them overcome anxiety and stress, depression and sleep and to discover their inner confidence. If you would like some help to stop feeling stuck and kickstart 2021 please get in touch.
Sign up for her free newsletter on ways to get unstuck, feel calmer and happier on her website. http://www.judithwardhypnotherapy.co.uk/contact-us/
#anxiety #stress #habits #declutter #hypnotherapy #belfast #northernireland #hypnotherapynearme